Maynard James Keenan and Tool will be spending much of this summer overseas, playing the European festival circuit. But before the band crosses into international waters — and just days after its closing set at this year's Coachella festival in Indio, California — Tool will be crisscrossing North America, previewing material from their forthcoming album, 10,000 Days, as part of a 15-gig club trek that's set to kick off May 2 in Seattle.
10,000 Days — the band's fourth studio LP and its first batch of new songs in more than five years — will also be released on May 2. The follow-up to 2001's Lateralus will boast 11 cuts, including "Jambi," "Lipan Conjuring" and "Rosetta Stoned." The 77-minute-long album's first single, "Vicarious," hit the nation's rock radio airwaves over the weekend.
The dates for the tour were released Monday (April 17) — which also happens to be Keenan's 42nd birthday.
Tool tour dates, according to the band's publicist:
- 5/2 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 5/4 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theatre
- 5/5 - Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino - The Joint
- 5/6 - Tempe, AZ @ Gammage Auditorium
- 5/8 - Dallas, TX @ McFarlin Auditorium
- 5/10 - Denver, CO @ Temple Buell Theatre
- 5/11 - Kansas City, KS @ Memorial Hall
- 5/12 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
- 5/13 - Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre
- 5/15 - Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre
- 5/16 - Toronto, ON @ Hummingbird Centre
- 5/17 - Upper Darby, PA @ Tower Theatre
- 5/19 - New York, NY @ City Center
- 5/20 - New York, NY @ City Center
- 5/21 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre