Sheryl Crow, who has been undergoing radiation treatment since having minor surgery for breast cancer last month, has rescheduled her first round of tour dates following the postponement of her North American spring trek three weeks ago.
The 44-year-old nine-time Grammy winner, who broke the news of her illness on her Web site in late February (see “Sheryl Crow Undergoes Cancer Surgery, Postpones Tour” ), isn’t letting the disease get the best of her as she kicks off her tour June 12 in Indianapolis and wraps it up June 27 in Atlanta.
Crow also announced she will support the Dave Matthews Band when they take the field at Boston’s Fenway Park July 7 and 8 as part of their extensive summer outing (see “As Expected, Dave Matthews Band Touring This Summer” ).
Crow hopes to reschedule additional shows at a later date, according to her Web site, including ones in Omaha, Nebraska; Newark, New Jersey; Manchester, New Hampshire; Norfolk, Virginia; Erie, Pennsylvania; and Verona, New York. Unfortunately gigs in Houston, St. Louis and Atlantic City, New Jersey, will not be reworked due to “scheduling complications.”
Crow will be promoting her latest effort, Wildflower, currently fueled by the deeply personal second single, “Always on Your Side.” Texas-bred crooner Jack Ingram will occupy the supporting slot.
Sheryl Crow’s rescheduled tour dates, according to her record label:
- 6/12 – Indianapolis, IN @ Murat Centre
- 6/13 – Evansville, IN @ The Centre
- 6/14 – Bloomington, IL @ U.S. Cellular Coliseum
- 6/16 – Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
- 6/17 – Cedar Rapids, IA @ U.S. Cellular Center
- 6/20 – Grand Prairie, TX @ NOKIA Theatre
- 6/21 – Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheater
- 6/22 – Austin, TX @ Bass Hall
- 6/24 – Memphis, TN @ Orpheum Theater
- 6/25 – Huntsville, AL @ Von Braun Center Arena
- 6/27 – Atlanta, GA @ Fabulous Fox Theater
- 7/4 – Rama, ON @ Casino Rama
- 7/5 – Rama, ON @ Casino Rama
- 7/6 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
- 7/7 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park