The Strokes haven't changed much since the last time they toured the U.S. two years ago. They're still rocking the same grossly unkempt coiffures, the same tight-fitting jeans, that same New York City swagger, and they're still big fans of nicotine. Of course, the Strokes didn't just spend the last two years sifting through thrift-store clothing bins — they kept themselves busy in the recording studio, and earlier this month, released their third album, First Impressions of Earth. Now, they're going to take those songs to the people.
This past fall, the band pledged it would make a return to the road following the release of First Impressions of Earth (see "Secretive Strokes To Spread Love Over The Airwaves In 'Juicebox' Clip"). And the Strokes are making good on that promise, with a 17-date U.S. club tour that kicks off in the rockers' hometown on March 3.
No openers have been announced for the trek, which winds down in Minneapolis on April 11.
Strokes tour dates, according to the band's publicist:
- 3/3 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 3/6 - Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
- 3/8 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- 3/10 - Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
- 3/11 - Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
- 3/14 - Austin, TX @ Stubb's Barbeque
- 3/15 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
- 3/17 - Grand Prairie, TX @ Nokia Theatre
- 3/19 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 3/21 - Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre
- 3/24 - San Francisco, CA @ Concourse
- 4/2 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Ballroom
- 4/4 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 4/7 - Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 4/8 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 4/10 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Club
- 4/11 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre