Fall Out Boy fans probably thought they were getting a belated Christmas present last week when various punk message boards revealed the full itinerary for the band’s much-anticipated spring headlining tour.
Unfortunately, that batch of dates for the trek — which also features Hawthorne Heights, the All-American Rejects and From First to Last (see “Fall Out Boy To Tour With Hawthorne Heights; Secret FOB Gigs Also In The Works” ) — turned out to be nothing more than a post-Xmas lump of coal. FOB bassist Pete Wentz and the band’s label, Island Records, are calling those dates totally bogus.
“The dates on the Internet right now for our spring tour are incorrect. They have not been announced yet,” Wentz wrote on FallOutBoyRock.com. “Unless it says we are playing a show on this Web site, don’t believe it.”
Well, it turns out that Wentz is a man of his word, because on Thursday (January 5), the first confirmed dates for the jaunt — which Fall Out Boy have dubbed the Black Clouds and Underdogs Tour — were posted on the band’s site. At the moment there are only a handful of shows listed, as FOB are planning to release a few more each day via an interactive map on their site.
Island confirmed that the Black Clouds stint is slated to begin on March 15 and come to a close on May 15. Fall Out Boy are also confirmed to headline the second-annual Bamboozle Fest, held May 6-7 in East Rutherford, New Jersey (see “Fall Out Boy, Motion City Soundtrack Good To Go For Bamboozle ’06″ ). But while the list of dates will grow over the coming weeks, Wentz said he wishes he could release all the info right away.
“I’m really excited for this tour,” Wentz told MTV News via e-mail. “It feels like basements and halls were just yesterday and that we’re starting all over again today. Honestly the only place that feels exactly the same is that hour or hour and a half onstage. Kids should expect some really different things out of our stage show this time. It will not be the same.”
Trust him. He’s a man of his word.
The list of dates for Fall Out Boy’s Black Clouds and Underdogs Tour, according to the band’s Web site:
- 3/15 – Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
- 3/16 – Portland, ME @ Cumberland County Civic Center
- 3/17 – Worcester, MA @ Centrum Centre
- 3/21 – Grand Rapids, MI @ DeltaPlex
- 3/22 – St. Charles, MO @ Family Arena
- 3/25 – Houston, TX @ Reliant Center
- 3/26 – Austin, TX @ The Backyard
- 3/30 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
- 4/1 – San Diego, CA @ Bayside Convention Center
- 4/4 – Los Angeles, CA @ Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena
- 4/8 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
- 4/13 – Kansas City, MO @ City Market
- 4/18 – Milwaukee, WI @ U.S. Cellular Arena
- 4/20 – Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 4/23 – Dayton, OH @ Hara Arena
- 4/25 – Jacksonville, FL @ Veterans Memorial Arena
- 4/26 – Coral Gables, FL @ University of Miami Convocation Center
- 4/30 – Duluth, GA @ Arena at Gwinnett Center
- 5/2 – Charlotte, NC @ Cricket Arena
- 5/5 – Bridgeport, CT @ Arena at Harbor Yard
- 5/6 – East Rutherford, NJ @ Meadowlands Sports Complex (Bamboozle Festival)
- 5/7 – East Rutherford, NJ @ Meadowlands Sports Complex (Bamboozle Festival)
- 5/9 – Columbus, OH @ PromoWest/ LC Pavilion
- 5/12 – Denver, CO @ Magness Arena
[This story was originally published on 1.05.06. at 3:06 p.m. ET.]