Kid Rock has been keeping a low profile lately, but that's about to change. The Southern-rock-obsessed rap-rocker is plotting a string of dates in early 2006 that will include a homestand in Detroit right before that city hosts the Super Bowl, as well as a New Year's Eve DJ gig in Las Vegas.
The Cowboy will get things started behind the turntables at the Jet Mirage Nightclub in Vegas on New Year's Eve. He'll follow that up with seven dates, beginning with a January 20 show at the Mohegan Sun casino in Uncasville, Connecticut, according to a spokesperson.
The following night, the tour will hit the Turning Stone Resort & Casino in Verona, New York, before dropping in for two dates in Michigan, one in Ohio and a pair of hometown shows at Detroit's Joe Louis Arena on February 3 and 4, just before the city hosts Super Bowl XL.
The spokesperson said there may also be a live album from Rock in early 2006 and a studio album later in the year, though further details on those projects were not available at press time.
Kid Rock tour dates, according to Atlantic Records:
- 1/20 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
- 1/21 - Verona, NY @ Turning Stone Resort & Casino
- 1/26 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The DeltaPlex
- 1/28 - Saginaw, MI @ The Dow Event Center
- 1/29 - Dayton, OH @ Hara Arena
- 2/3 - Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
- 2/4 - Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena