Most other rock bands would chase a new album's release with a stiff shot of coast-to-coast touring, but Nickelback decided to let the fresh material on All the Right Reasons marinate with fans before taking it on the road.
With the 1.1 million-selling album's second single, "Animals," now making the rounds at rock radio and frontman Chad Kroeger's collaboration with "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice in the bag (Kroeger wrote and produced "You're Everything," which appears on Bice's debut The Real Thing, set to hit stores next week), the band is preparing a full lineup of U.S. dates for 2006. Kicking off January 30 in Duluth, Minnesota, the trek will be the group's first complete tour with new drummer (and former 3 Doors Down kitman) Daniel Adair.
So far, Nickelback have booked just nine Midwest gigs, with a slew of others still being confirmed. More dates, which will run through March, will be revealed in the coming weeks. Trapt have been tapped to open on the tour.
Nickelback fans itching for an in-the-flesh fix can catch a sneak preview of the band's tour on December 14, when Kroeger's crew will appear on MTV's "Nokia Unwired at Hard Rock Live."
Nickelback tour dates, according to the band's publicist:
- 1/30 - Duluth, MN @ Duluth Entertainment Convention Center Arena
- 1/31 - Fargo, ND @ Fargodome
- 2/2 - Green Bay, WI @ Resch Center
- 2/3 - Madison, WI @ Alliant Energy Center
- 2/4 - Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
- 2/6 - Fort Wayne, IN @ Allen County Memorial Coliseum
- 2/10 - Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center Omaha
- 2/11 - Peoria, IL @ Civic Center Arena
- 2/13 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena