For the right price, you might find yourself partying with Paris on New Year's, boarding with Justin at Big Bear or donning Jessica's signature daisy dukes — and all for a worthy cause.
These are just three of the items being auctioned off as part of uBid for Hurricane Relief, a massive online celebrity auction to benefit the victims of Katrina and Rita (see "Hurricane Rita Could Cause More Damage Than Katrina").
More than 100 of Hollywood's hottest celebrities have donated one or more items for the charity drive, including: Britney Spears and Kevin Federline; Jessica and Ashlee Simpson; Ashton Kutcher; Cameron Diaz; Nicole Richie and her fiance, DJ AM; Zach Braff; George Clooney; Jessica Alba; the cast of "The O.C."; Black Eyed Peas; Vince Vaughn; Hilary and Haylie Duff; and Scarlett Johansson. More celebs are being added to the mix on a daily basis, thanks to added support and organizational efforts from Kutcher, A.J. Discala and 'NSYNC's Lance Bass.
"It just seems like more and more of these celebrities are being attracted to this and joining the team," uBid spokesperson Tony Priore said. "I'm just shocked at how big it's gotten during the week and a half [since] we've started assembling it, and it seems like it's only going to get better. We're definitely trying to aim as high as we can with this."
uBid will break away from its online drive at uBid.com to kick off the auction with a star-studded bash October 15 at the Empire Ballroom in Las Vegas. Several prominent musicians are slated to perform and two dozen high-profile items will be up for auction at the event, although the details are being kept at bay for now, Priore said.
The entrance fee for the event is a $200 donation, while private tables are being offered at an additional cost. Tickets can be purchased through Ubid.com starting September 26.
All the proceeds generated from the efforts will go to three charities focused on aiding hurricane victims and alleviating recovery efforts: the Brett Favre Fourward Mississippi Relief Fund and the Child Welfare Relief Fund, which aid children victims of the hurricanes; and the RockWorks Foundation, which provides the displaced with opportunities to get them back on their feet and start rebuilding what they lost.
The uBid online auction will run from October 15 through the first week of November. Some of the items up for bidding include:
- Jessica Simpson's daisy dukes, worn in The Dukes of Hazzard and signed by the singer/actress
- Snowboard with Justin Timberlake at Big Bear or Mammoth Lakes
- Fly on a private jet with your friends to Miami and party with Paris Hilton at Club Paris on New Year's Eve
- Co-direct a segment of "Punk'd" with Ashton Kutcher
- Adam Brody's autographed 2004 Teen Choice Award surfboard
- An outfit worn by Ellen DeGeneres on an episode of her talk show
- Lunch on the set of "Las Vegas" with Molly Sims and Vanessa Marcil
- Colby Donaldson's torch from "Survivor: The Australian Outback"
- Golf with Brett Favre
- Private poker lesson with pro player Annie Duke
- Walk-on roles on "Scrubs," "Arrested Development," "That '70s Show" and other TV shows