Life on the road just suits Dave Matthews. Whenever the guy’s not in a recording studio crafting jam-pop gems for his fans, it seems he’s touring the 50 with his namesake band, packing one arena after another. So it should come as no surprise that, after a three-month breather, the Dave Matthews Band will head back out for a late fall North American musical expedition.
After their break, DMB will kick things off in Minneapolis on November 26. Thus far, a mere 13 dates have been revealed, with more expected to be announced in the coming weeks — meaning the party’s not stopping in Boston on December 15, the last of the gigs that have been confirmed.
Tickets for the shows will go on sale October 7, but members of the band’s official fan club, the Warehouse, started snatching them up on Thursday evening through a special online presale.
Gavin DeGraw, Soulive and ex-Soul Coughing frontman Mike Doughty have been tapped as the openers for the forthcoming tour, with DeGraw on board from November 26-30, Soulive from December 3-9 and Doughty (Matthews heads ATO Records, which released Doughty’s Haughty Melodic in May) handling support detail from December 10-15.
Dave Matthews Band tour dates, according to the group’s Web site:
- 11/26 – Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 11/27 – Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center
- 11/29 – Madison, WI @ Kohl Center
- 11/30 – Champaign, IL @ University of Illinois Assembly Hall
- 12/3 – Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
- 12/4 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 12/6 – State College, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center
- 12/7 – Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
- 12/9 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 12/10 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 12/12 – Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena
- 12/13 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
- 12/15 – Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden