Yellowcard may currently be rocking our neighbors to the North on the Wish We Were Canadian Tour, but they're not ones to play favorites. Starting October 24, they'll be getting close to their U.S. fans with with an old school, small-club tour in support of their new album, Lights and Sounds, due in stores on January 24.
"We really wanted to do something cool for the new album, so we're playing small venues with a couple of college arenas mixed in too," bassist Pete Mosely said. "We're definitely playing like 500-capacity venues — hitting small clubs — just to do it like it was back in the day."
The six-week tour, which gets under way at venerable Austin, Texas, rock haunt Emo's, is sure to feature all the band's hits, plus a healthy dose of tunes from Lights and Sounds, (see [article id="1507272"]"Yellowcard Move To New York, Write LP About Hating Los Angeles"[/article]). But fans won't be standing there looking puzzled by the new tracks. In fact, they'll more than likely be singing along ... to one of the songs, at least.
Starting Tuesday (September 13), the album's title track — and first single — will make its debut in a pair of locations. You can hear the song in Electronic Arts' futuristic smash-and-crash video game "Burnout Revenge." And non-gamers who don't plan to plunk down $50 to get a listen can also access "Lights and Sounds" on Yellowcard's revamped Web site, YellowcardRock.com.
There's no word on just when Yellowcard will get around to filming a video for "Lights and Sounds," but when MTV News spoke with frontman Ryan Key last month, he made one thing clear: He'll be the one sitting in the director's chair.
"I'm hoping the label will let me direct the video," he laughed. "And if not, well ... let's just say they're going to let me direct it."
Yellowcard's tour dates, according to Capitol Records.
- 10/24 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
- 10/27 - Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
- 10/28 - Clemson, SC @ Clemson University, Littlejohn Coliseum
- 10/29 - Orlando, FL @ Church Street Station
- 10/31 - St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theatre
- 11/1 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
- 11/2 - Daytona Beach, FL @ Fuel Nightclub
- 11/4 - Richmond, VA @ University of Richmond
- 11/6 - Towson, MD @ Recher Theatre
- 11/7 - Lancaster, PA @ The Chameleon
- 11/8 - Scranton, PA @ Tinks
- 11/9 - Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony
- 11/13 - Millvale, PA @ Mr. Small's Theatre
- 11/14 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
- 11/15 - Cincinnati, OH @ 20th Century Theatre
- 11/17 - Marshall, MN @ Southwest Minnesota State University RA Facility
- 11/18 - Cedar Falls, IA @ University of Northern Iowa, Maucker Union Ballroom
- 11/21 - Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theatre
- 11/22 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
- 11/25 - Portland, OR @ Loveland
- 11/26 - Seattle, WA @ Neumo's
- 12/1 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction