While it's true that Jimi Goodwin sang, "We're all better off in New York," believe it or not, his band still wants to get its music out to some other cities.
Doves just announced another North American tour that will kick off this fall in support of their most recent LP, Some Cities (see "Doves Still Playing Some Cities Despite Coachella Setback"). Between the title track and songs like "Black and White Town," the bandmembers' wanderlust is palpable.
Luckily, they came prepared.
"One of the good things about this record," drummer Andy Williams said, "is that it does transfer to live stage really well. We did a lot of work in the rehearsal room and actually played a lot of the record, so it wasn't too difficult to get them to work live.
"With the previous two records [Lost Souls and The Last Broadcast], we did a lot more work in the control room and the studio," he continued. "We had to really set about transferring it live. But these were readily worked on already so they're good fun to play live. They come across."
Find out for yourself on Doves' upcoming tour, which will take them through the United States and Canada.
Doves tour dates, according to their Web site (other shows will be added soon):
- 9/12 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 9/13 - Montreal, QC @ Spectrum De Montreal
- 9/14 - Brooklyn, NY @ Warsaw
- 9/16 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
- 9/17 - Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
- 9/19 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle
- 9/20 - Atlanta, GA @ Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
- 9/22 - New Orleans, LA @ TwiRoPa
- 9/23 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
- 9/24 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Tea Ballroom
- 9/25 - Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Festival
- 9/27 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 9/28 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 9/30 - Toronto, ON @ The Docks
- 10/1 - Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street
- 10/2 - Staten Island, NY @ Across the Narrows Festival
- 10/4 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 10/8 - Mountain View, CA @ Download Festival
- 10/10 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- 10/11 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues