They've spent most of 2005 crossing the continental U.S. to drum up business for their latest disc, This Type of Thinking (Could Do Us In), losing a founding member in the process. But road exhaustion and a lineup change apparently aren't going to slow Chevelle down.
The Chicago rockers — who have 12 gigs, including a CBGB benefit concert on August 4, left on their current summer tour with Taproot and 30 Seconds to Mars (see [article id="1503823"]"Chevelle, Taproot, 30 Seconds To Mars Map Out Summer Tour
"[/article]) — revealed on their official Web site that they'll be taking a brief timeout from touring before heading back out on the road for a 27-date fall run that's set to kick off in Bakersfield, California, on September 12.
News of Chevelle's fall tour extension comes less than a month after Joe Loeffler's departure from the band; the bassist's bandmate brothers — drummer Sam and singer/guitarist Pete — fired Joe, citing "irreconcilable differences," and promptly replaced him with former Filter guitarist Geno Lenardo.
Aggro-rockers Taproot, who will release their latest offering, Blue Sky Research, on August 16, will continue as the support act for at least part of the fall tour. Taproot's forthcoming album features contributions from Billy Corgan and Gratitude/ Far frontman Jonah Matranga.
It's anticipated that additional openers will be announced in the coming weeks.
From Bakersfield, Chevelle's fall jaunt will hit Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver, Milwaukee, San Antonio, Chicago and Minneapolis, including stops at college campuses, before winding down on October 21 in Louisville, Kentucky.
Chevelle tour dates, according to the band's official Web site:
- 8/2 - Boston, MA @ The Roxy
- 8/3 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 8/4 - New York, NY @ CBGB (benefit concert)
- 8/5 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 8/6 - Atlanta, GA @ 99X Downtown Rocks at Underground Atlanta
- 8/8 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
- 8/9 - Tampa, FL @ Jannus Landing
- 8/11 - Birmingham, AL @ Sloss Furnace
- 8/14 - Madison, WI @ Willow Island at Alliant Energy Center
- 8/16 - West Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
- 8/17 - Columbia, MO @ Blue Note
- 8/18 - Kansas City, MO @ Beaumont Club
- 9/12 - Bakersfield, CA @ Montgomery World Plaza
- 9/13 - Ventura, CA @ Ventura Theatre
- 9/14 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- 9/16 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Avalon
- 9/17 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
- 9/18 - Scottsdale, AZ @ Venue of Scottsdale
- 9/21 - El Paso, TX @ The Zone
- 9/23 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunset Station
- 9/24 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheatre
- 9/25 - Lubbock, TX @ South Beach
- 9/27 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 9/30 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 10/1 - Spokane, WA @ Big Easy
- 10/2 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox
- 10/3 - Boise, ID @ Big Easy
- 10/5 - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst
- 10/6 - Fresno, CA @ Big Fresno Fair
- 10/7 - Sparks, NV @ New Oasis
- 10/10 - Rapid City, SD @ Rushmore Plaza
- 10/11 - Fargo, ND @ Playmaker's
- 10/13 - Carbondale, IL @ Southern Illinois University
- 10/14 - Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 10/15 - Duluth, MN @ Reif Recreation Center, College of St. Scholastica
- 10/17 - Milwaukee, WI @ Rave
- 10/18 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club
- 10/20 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 10/21 - Louisville, KY @ Jillian's