With Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star V - Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness set to land in stores September 20, prog-powered emo quartet Coheed and Cambria are in the process of firming up the dates for what will be the band's first North American headlining trip in more than a year.
Over the weekend, the first 12 stops on Coheed's fall trek were revealed through the band's Web site. They'll be kicking things off at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, New Jersey, on September 27, and hit Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, Denver and Seattle before storming the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles on October 16. It's expected that additional dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
Coheed have enlisted the talents of three wildly disparate acts to serve as the tour's openers: ethereal prog rockers Dredg, post hardcore Philadelphians Mewithoutyou and angst-riddled punks the Blood Brothers.
The band recently shot a video for the epic track "Welcome Home" with directing team Artificial Army (Mars Volta, Gorillaz), which will start airing later this month.
Coheed and Cambria tour dates, according to the band's Web site:
- 9/27 - Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues
- 9/29 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Club Zoo
- 9/30 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 10/1 - Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 10/2 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 10/4 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club
- 10/5 - Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
- 10/6 - Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
- 10/7 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
- 10/8 - Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air
- 10/12 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox Theatre
- 10/16 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern Theatre