The fall is shaping up to be a busy one for Snoop Dogg's favorite band of rockers, Franz Ferdinand.
The Scottish foursome has a fresh LP in the bag (which is scheduled to hit record stores October 4, see "Kanye West Inspires Franz Ferdinand's Next LP, But 'White Crunk'? Not Quite" and "Franz Ferdinand's Second LP Might Make You Feel Inexplicably Happy"), and the boys will also be shooting a video with director Diane Martel (Method Man, Gang Starr) later this month in New York for the album's first single, "Do You Want To?"
And according to the usual rock and roll blueprint, the next logical step is a North American tour in support of the album, which, like the band's 2004 breakthrough debut, is self-titled. The 16-date tour will run from September 20 through October 18, beginning in Chicago and hop-scotching around the country before concluding in Toronto; more dates seem likely to be added. In August, the band will play a pair of dates in Spain with U2 before headlining two festivals in England as well as two shows in Scotland.
Franz Ferdinand dates, according to their publicist:
- 9/20 - Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 9/21 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 9/22 - Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theatre
- 9/23 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 9/25 - Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits
- 9/27 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 9/28 - Magna, UT @ Great Salt Air
- 10/1 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 10/2 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 10/3 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena
- 10/4 - Vancouver, BC @ Orpheum Theatre
- 10/6 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- 10/7 - Los Angeles, CA @ Greek Theatre
- 10/9 - San Diego, CA @ SDSU Open Air Theatre
- 10/11 - Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Hotel - The Joint
- 10/17 - New York, NY @ The Theater at Madison Square Garden
- 10/18 - Toronto, ON @ Ricoh Coliseum