In order to get their superpowers, the Fantastic Four had to go through all the trouble of building an intergalactic starship, blasting through the solar system and becoming infected by cosmic rays. In addition, they are continuously thwarting the world-conquering aspirations of supervillains like Doctor Doom and Super-Skrull. Such action requires just the right music to be playing in the background: Clearly this is a job for Chingy — with a little help from Taking Back Sunday and Velvet Revolver.
Fantastic Four - The Album hits shelves July 5, three days before the movie blasts into theaters, and also features music from Ryan Cabrera and Joss Stone. In addition to the new tracks from established acts, there's also a tune from T.F.F., a one-off project featuring the Distillers' Brody Dalle, Jet's Chris Cester and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Nick Zinner.
Simple Plan, Lloyd Banks, Sum 41 and Alter Bridge also donate songs to the soundtrack; the first single will be "Everything Burns," a collaboration between former Evanescence guitarist Ben Moody and Anastacia. The video for "Burns" was shot two weeks ago in Los Angeles and was directed by Antti J (Korn's "Word Up"), a perfect fit considering Antti J kind of sounds like a superhero name anyway.
Taking Back Sunday's contribution, "Error Operator," will also appear in the upcoming "Fantastic Four" video game, along with cuts by Jurassic 5, the Explosion and Go Betty Go (see "Taking Back Sunday Donate Song To 'Fantastic Four' Game"). Eager fans will actually be able to get their hands on the game on June 28 — a full 10 days before the flick hits theaters.
Track list for Fantastic Four - The Album, according to Wind-Up Records:
- Velvet Revolver - "Come On Come In"
- Taking Back Sunday - "Error Operator"
- Chingy - "Relax"
- Joss Stone - "Whatever Happened to the Heroes"
- Omnisoul - "Waiting (Save Your Life)"
- Ryan Cabrera - "Always Come Back to Me"
- Ben Moody (featuring Anastacia) - "Everything Burns"
- Miri Ben-Ari (featuring Pharoahe Monch) - "New World Symphony"
- Megan McCauley - "Die for You"
- Sum 41 - "Noots"
- Simple Plan - "Surrender"
- T.F.F. - "I'll Take You Down"
- Lloyd Banks - "On Fire"
- Megan McCauley - "Reverie"
- Breaking Point - "Goodbye to You"
- Alter Bridge - "Shed My Skin"
- Submersed - "In Due Time"
- Loser - "Disposable Sunshine"
- Miss Eighty 6 (featuring Classic) - "Now You Know"
- Orange Range - "Kirikirimai (Fantastic Four Remix)"