With their single "Club Foot" still kicking, British electro-rock outfit Kasabian will be releasing their next single and leaving their tread marks all over North America this summer.
The foursome's next single, "L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)," has already been playing on Los Angeles's KROQ-FM and will hit radio everywhere in early May. The video for "L.S.F." was shot late last month, and the band will kick off a string of U.S. dates starting this weekend at the Coachella Valley Music Festival.
They have also landed dates opening for Oasis in September. "For us, it's an honor," said guitarist Sergio Pizzorno. "Everyone knows, whether you're into music or not, that there's an Oasis album coming out. It'd be a duller place without those two causing havoc."
Singer Tom Meighan agreed, calling Oasis their heroes, and adding that he thinks some emergency B12 shots and a doctor should be on standby during the tour. "It's gonna be carnage," he said.
The debauchery will begin much earlier as Pizzorno, Meighan, guitarist/keyboardist Christopher Karloff and bassist Chris Edwards make their way around the U.S. and bounce back to England for a few festival dates. "Basically, we've seen the sheet and the next six months are just, like, 'Whoa,' " said Meighan. "Glastonbury, Reading, Leeds, all these incredible mad gigs we're playing. I just love festivals, man. They're the best thing all year. Everyone just loses themselves for the weekend."
The guys are prepared to prove themselves in the States, though they're hoping to avoid meeting head-on with any more bottles, as Pizzorno's skull did at a recent concert in Glasgow. Still, they're ready to show their colors.
"It's a similar vibe to when we first started in Britain," Pizzorno said. "We won people over by the end. There were a lot of people there to scratch their chins and suss us out, but by the end we got 'em moving. Hopefully we can do the same in America" (see "Kasabian Mix Big Riffs And Dance Beats To Make Noisy Love During War").
With all the hype building up, Kasabian are either blissed out on some earth-grown relaxants or just really confident. They claim to love their music as if it were a child they have to protect. And according to Meighan, they're already thinking about a new record.
"I can say we're pregnant," he said, "and it's a girl. We had a scan the other week, and it looks very healthy. We've just sent one boy out into the world and clothed him and fed him, and now we've got this nasty little girl on the way. She's half-vampire and she's got razor-sharp teeth. She's gonna be a nasty little girl but a healthy one."
Kasabian tour dates, according to their label:
- 4/28 - London, England @ Alexandra Palace
- 4/29 - Brighton, England @ Centre
- 5/1 - Indio, CA @ Coachella Valley Music Festival
- 5/4 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
- 5/7 - Birmingham, England @ Radio 1 Big Weekend
- 5/10 - Atlanta, GA @ The Loft (Formerly Vinyl)
- 5/12 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 5/13 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
- 5/14 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club (free WFNX show)
- 5/16 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 5/17 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 5/18 - Montreal, QC @ Cabaret Music Hall
- 5/20 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
- 5/22 - Richmond, VA @ 18th Street (Y101 Birthday Bash)
- 5/24 - Chicago, IL @ Double Door
- 5/25 - Minneapolis, MN @ Fine Line Music Cafe
- 5/27 - St. Louis, MO @ Creepy Crawl
- 5/28 - Lawrence, KS @ Bottleneck
- 5/29 - Omaha, NE @ Sokol Underground
- 5/31 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound
- 6/2 - Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge
- 6/3 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 6/4 - Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre (KNDD Endfest)
- 6/6 - Sacramento, CA @ Harlow's Night Club
- 6/7 - Los Angeles, CA @ Henry Fonda Theatre
- 6/9 - San Francisco, CA @ Popscene - Live 105 Radio Show
- 6/10 - San Francisco, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre (Live 105)
- 6/11 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Concert Theatre
- 6/12 - Tempe, AZ @ The Clubhouse
- 6/14 - Dallas, TX @ Trees
- 6/15 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
- 6/16 - Austin, TX @ The Parish
- 6/18 - San Diego, CA @ KBZT radio show
- 6/25 - Glastonbury, England @ Glastonbury Festival
- 6/30 - Hyde Park, England @ 02 Music Wireless Festival
- 7/23 - Chicago, IL @ Grant Park (Lollapalooza)
- 7/24 - Chicago, IL @ Grant Park (Lollapalooza)
- 8/13 - Osaka, Japan @ Summersonic
- 8/14 - Tokyo, Japan @ Summersonic
- 8/26 - Reading, England @ Reading Festival
- 8/27 - Leeds, England @ Leeds Festival
- 9/8 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 9/9 - Everett, WA @ Everett Events Center
- 9/11 - San Francisco, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 9/12 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- 9/14 - San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
- 9/15 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
- 9/17 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen
- 9/18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Dodge Theatre
- 9/20 - Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 9/22 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center
- 9/25 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
- 9/27 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 9/29 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
- 9/30 - Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Center