She's already been naked in a video, but this summer Alanis Morissette will hit the stage musically exposed for her first-ever acoustic tour. The six-week outing will promote the June 13 release of Jagged Little Pill Acoustic, for which the singer re-recorded her classic 1995 album acoustically.
The 27-date tour is slated to kick off on June 7 in Toronto and wrap up on July 17 in Costa Mesa, California. Jagged Little Pill Acoustic will be sold only at Starbucks for the first six weeks.
The singer will be backed by her current touring band, and she is having a blast performing fresh versions of her hits. "I am having so much fun playing these newly interpreted songs," Morissette said in a statement from her current European tour. "I notice that different layers of emotions emerge with these songs being broken down and revisited. I can't wait to tip my hat to this record in a way that also references the present and the future."
Morissette re-teamed with Jagged producer Glen Ballard to record the acoustic versions, marking the first time the two have worked together since 1998's Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. The acoustic album features interpretations of such signature hits as "Hand in My Pocket," "You Oughta Know" and "Ironic," as well as the hidden track "Your House." The anniversary edition will also feature footage from 1995 and additional bonus material.
Live @ Vh1.com Presents Jagged Little Pill Acoustic, according to a spokesperson:
- 6/7 - Toronto, ON @ Hummingbird Centre for Performing Arts
- 6/8 - Detroit, MI @ Masonic Temple Theatre
- 6/10 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
- 6/11 - Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre
- 6/14 - Philadelphia, PA @ venue TBA
- 6/15 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall
- 6/17 - Boston, MA @ Wang Center for the Performing Arts
- 6/18 - Baltimore, MD @ Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
- 6/20 - Cincinnati, OH @ Aronoff Center for the Arts
- 6/21 - Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
- 6/22 - Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theatre
- 6/24 - Miami, FL @ Jackie Gleason Theater
- 6/25 - Clearwater, FL @ Ruth Eckerd Hall
- 6/26 - Orlando, FL @ Bob Carr Performing Arts Center
- 6/28 - New Orleans, LA @ Saenger Theatre
- 6/29 - Houston, TX @ Jones Hall for the Performing Arts
- 6/30 - Fort Worth, TX @ Bass Performance Hall
- 7/2 - St. Louis, MO @ Fox Theatre
- 7/3 - Kansas City, MO @ Midland Theatre
- 7/5 - Denver, CO @ Paramount Theatre
- 7/8 - Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Hall
- 7/9 - Vancouver, BC @ Orpheum Theatre
- 7/10 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 7/12 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theatre
- 7/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall
- 7/15 - San Diego, CA @ Copley Symphony Hall
- 7/16 - Phoenix, AZ @ Dodge Theatre
- 7/17 - Costa Mesa, CA @ Orange County Performing Arts Center