Eminem is hitting the road this summer, and he’s bringing along a lot of friends. The Anger Management 3 tour is shaping up to the blockbuster of the summer, with a roster that also includes 50 Cent, Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz, G-Unit, D12, Obie Trice and Em’s latest protégé, Atlanta’s Stat Quo.
The 20-date, five-and-a-half-week tour will kick off on July 7 in Noblesville, Indiana, at the Verizon Wireless Music Center and is currently slated to conclude in Em’s hometown of Detroit at Comerica Park on August 12.
Though 50 Cent will miss the first two dates because of filming on his movie debut (see “50 Cent’s ‘Locked And Loaded’ To Be Helmed By Oscar-Nominated Director” ), 50 is on board for the rest of the tour, his first-ever outing with mentor Eminem. Ludacris will fill in on the first two dates.
“We’ve been waiting for the right moment to go on tour, and it all finally came together,” Eminem said in a statement. “We wanted to put together the best lineup we could. I’m always trying to top the last tour whenever I go out. I think we’re really doing it this time.”
50 also predicted the tour would be the talk of the summer. “Whenever I get together with Em you know it’s going to be hot,” he said. “Right now, I don’t see anything that will stop this from being the tour of the summer. You better put in for that time off from the job now before somebody else beats you to it. Or quit your job so you can see every show.”
|Inside Anger Management: Eminem and 50 take you behind the scenes of their tour while Lil Jon teaches a barbecue lesson, only on Overdrive.|
Sirius Satellite Radio’s Shade 45 channel, which is programmed by Slim Shady and his crew, will feature exclusive live performances and backstage interviews all summer. A live DVD from 2002′s Anger Management Tour featuring sets from Em and D12 is slated for release this summer.
Anger Management 3 tour dates, according to Interscope Records:
- 7/7 – Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 7/8 – Columbus, OH @ Germain Amphitheater
- 7/11 – Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
- 7/14 – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
- 7/17 – Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheater
- 7/19 – San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion at San Jose
- 7/22 – Chula Vista, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
- 7/23 – Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion of Glen Helen
- 7/24 – Las Vegas, NV @ Thomas & Mack Center
- 7/26 – Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
- 7/28 – Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Centre
- 7/29 – Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/31 – Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 8/1 – Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheatre @ State Fairgrounds
- 8/2 – West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre
- 8/5 – Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
- 8/6 – Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
- 8/8 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 8/10 – Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 8/12 – Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park
For a feature on 50 Cent, check out “All Eyes On 50 Cent: The Sequel.”