Like a bird that flies back north after the thaw, if it's spring, ex-Phish member Trey Anastasio knows it's time to hit the road.
The former guitarist in the world's biggest jam band has announced a 12-date,
three-week U.S. tour that will kick off on April 26 in Richmond, Virginia. The trek is currently scheduled to wrap on May 14 with the second of two shows in New York, according to a spokesperson for the singer.
The live band for the tour — Anastasio's first since Phish called it quits
in August (see "Phish To Split — For Good This Time") — will be different from the ones Anastasio has toured with in the past, but the lineup has not yet been unveiled. Opening acts will also be announced soon. A portion of the proceeds from each show will be donated to a local homeless shelter, according to a note on Anastasio's Web site.
Sprinkled in among the theater dates are stops at the Beale Street Music
Festival (April 29) in Memphis, Tennessee, and the Jazz & Heritage Festival (May 1) in
New Orleans, in addition to previously announced gigs at the Bonnaroo Festival
(June 10-12) in Manchester, Tennessee, and a final night headlining slot at the
third annual 10,000 Lakes Festival (July 21-24) in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.
For the past five months Anastasio has been working on his next solo album, which is slated for release this summer.
Trey Anastasio tour dates, according to his spokesperson:
- 4/26 - Richmond, VA @ Landmark Theater
- 4/27 - Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
- 4/29 - Memphis, TN @ Beale Street Music Festival
- 5/1 - New Orleans, LA @ Jazz & Heritage Festival
- 5/3 - Columbia, SC @ Township Auditorium
- 5/4 - Charlotte, NC @ Ovens Auditorium
- 5/6 - Atlanta, GA @ Fox Theatre
- 5/7 - Cincinnati, OH @ Taft Theatre
- 5/8 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
- 5/10 - Chicago, IL @ Auditorium Theatre
- 5/11 - Columbus, OH @ Veterans Memorial Auditorium
- 5/13 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 5/14 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom