Jason Mraz might look like he needs to buy a vowel when it comes to the spelling of his last name, but his awkward-to-pronounce surname seems to work just fine for the title of his new album.
The singer/songwriter who drops verses like Madlibs has finished work on Mr. A-Z (you know, like "Mraz," get it?), the follow-up to his 2002 platinum debut album, Waiting for My Rocket to Come. The first single, "Wordplay," will hit radio in late April, with the new album dropping in stores on August 23, according to his publicist.
Mraz will also be launching a small spring tour throughout the Midwest and along the East Coast, primarily at colleges and universities. Fifteen dates have been confirmed so far, with additional shows expected later for the West Coast. A larger trek supporting the record is also in the works.
Aqualung, Kyle Riabko and Toca Rivera are signed on to be special guests along the tour.
Jason Mraz tour dates, according to his publicist:
- 3/11 - Decatur, IL @ Millikin University
- 3/15 - Austin, TX @ Crowne Plaza
- 4/1 - Birmingham, AL @ Sloss Furnace
- 4/2 - Orlando, FL @ Universal Studios
- 4/4 - Athens, GA @ Georgia Theatre
- 4/5 - Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
- 4/7 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 4/8 - Chestertown, MD @ Washington College
- 4/9 - Bowling Green, OH @ Bowling Green State University
- 4/10 - Cleveland, OH @ John Carroll University
- 4/12 - Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
- 4/13 - Des Moines, IA @ Drake University
- 4/15 - Minneapolis, MN @ University of Minnesota
- 4/16 - Geneseo, NY @ SUNY/ Geneseo
- 4/17 - Del Mar, CA @ Del Mar Fairgrounds
- 4/24 - Newburgh, NY @ Mount Saint Mary College