Do you ever want to tilt ya head back during Psych 101? Well, Nelly may have the perfect solution.
The rapper and his St. Lunatics crew are launching their U.S. tour with seven college dates in March supporting his current albums, Sweat and Suit (see “Nelly Explains The Fine Line Between Sweat And Suit” ). A larger U.S. tour is expected to follow in April, although no dates have been confirmed yet.
After hitting the college circuit, Nelly will join the rodeo — the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo, anyway. He will be the first rapper to perform at the 68-year-old event, which will be held in Austin on March 23. He is also scheduled to perform at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on April 24 (see “Jazz Fest Lineup Includes Nelly, Dave Matthews, Roots, Wilco, Anastasio” ).
However, before all of that, Nelly will launch the newest collections for his Vokal and Apple Bottoms clothing lines at the MAGIC Marketplace fashion convention in Las Vegas next week.
Nelly tour dates, according to his record label:
- 3/7 – Edwardsville, IL @ Southern Illinois University
- 3/8 – Champaign, IL @ University of Illinois
- 3/9 – Rockford, IL @ Northern Illinois University
- 3/10 – Springfield, IL @ S.W. Missouri State University
- 3/12 – Jonesboro, AR @ Arkansas State University
- 3/14 – Columbus, OH @ Ohio State University Ballroom
- 3/15 – University Park, PA @ Penn State University