The eternally touring New Found Glory — having spent 2004 playing shows in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, Japan and Australia — are planning even more concerts in the new year. But these are going to be different.
The band has announced the first leg of dates for the Back to Basics Tour, a series of shows at smaller, more intimate venues around the country, a far cry from the arenas and amphitheaters they've been rocking as of late.
"For the past two years, our full U.S. tours have all been either Warped Tour-style festivals or arena shows. There was the Honda Civic Tour and the current Green Day tour," NFG guitarist Chad Gilbert wrote on the band's Web site. "Though we love the big exposure, our true love and passion is for the intimate club shows. So that's how we've decided to set up our headlining tour. ... We will be hitting just about every city in the U.S. and might even be playing a couple of nights in your town."
Gilbert said the band plans on playing around 60 shows, though only the first 12 dates have been confirmed. Reggie & the Full Effect (see [article id="1470053"]"Get Up Kids Witness The Return Of Their Imaginary Friend 'Reggie' "[/article]) and punk popsters Eisley will serve as the opening acts.
"If you are unfamiliar with these bands, you need to find and hear their music immediately. ... Learn their words, too, so you can rock out for them," Gilbert wrote. "Maybe you don't even like NFG and are only going to see them. That's cool, too, as long as you don't throw stuff at us."
New Found Glory will spend the first two months of 2005 in Europe, serving first as opening act for Green Day and then mounting a headlining tour of their own. They'll return to the States in February before kicking off the Back to Basics Tour in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, on March 10.
New Found Glory tour dates, according to Geffen Records:
- 3/10 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
- 3/11 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
- 3/12 - Jacksonville, FL @ Plush
- 3/13 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Janus Landing
- 3/15 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- 3/17 - Louisville, KY @ Jillian's
- 3/18 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
- 3/19 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 3/20 - Norfolk, VA @ NorVa Theatre
- 3/22 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
- 3/29 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
- 3/30 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero