There's nothing subliminal about thousands of maggots descending on your hometown.
Slipknot, accompanied by Lamb of God and Shadows Fall, will begin a North American tour on March 4 in Connecticut. Dates have been announced through March 23 in Tampa, Florida, and more — including dates in New York, Boston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Minneapolis — are expected to be slotted soon. Slipknot are continuing to support their latest album, Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses), which was released in May (see "Slipknot: The Pain Behind The Subliminal Verses").
"We have spent the past eight months concentrating on getting back to our roots and exploring our imaginations, all in the name of giving ourselves and our fans a truly unique experience," said percussionist Clown. "We don't know what will happen, but we're looking forward to it and can't wait to get out there on the road."
Tickets for shows in Cleveland; Pensacola, Florida; and West Palm Beach, Florida go on sale January 14, while tickets for the rest of the dates can be purchased beginning January 15.
Dates for the first leg of the Subliminal Verses tour, according to Slipknot's label:
- 3/4 - Hartford, CT @ Meadows Music Theatre
- 3/5 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Spectrum
- 3/6 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 3/8 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
- 3/9 - Cleveland, OH @ CSU Convocation Center
- 3/11 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 3/12 - Detroit, MI @ Cobo Arena
- 3/13 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
- 3/15 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
- 3/16 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center
- 3/18 - Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum
- 3/19 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 3/20 - Pensacola, FL @ Pensacola Civic Center
- 3/22 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre
- 3/23 - Tampa, FL @ USF Sun Dome