Three former members of Creed are taking their new band, Alter Bridge, out on the road.
The group — which includes Scott Stapp's ex-bandmates Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall and new addition Myles Kennedy (formerly of the Mayfield Four) — will head out on its first tour this fall in support of its debut album, One Day Remains, which will be released on August 10.
The trek will kick off in Pontiac, Michigan, at Clutch Cargo on September 23, continue through December, and start up again in January. Dates are currently scheduled through October 23; more shows will be announced shortly.
The band will hit mid-size venues across North America. "We are definitely not going to start out touring arenas," Tremonti said. "I think we are going to concentrate on playing some other venues ... and really start over from the grass roots. We want ... to earn every fan all over again."
Alter Bridge tour dates, according to their label representative:
- 9/23 - Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo
- 9/25 - Cleveland, OH @ Odeon Concert Club
- 9/26 - Indianapolis, IN @ Murat Theatre
- 9/28 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club
- 10/1 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 10/2 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave/ Eagles Club
- 10/4 - Toronto, ON @ The Guvernment
- 10/5 - Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock Cafe
- 10/7 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
- 10/8 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 10/9 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 10/12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Rock Club at Station Square
- 10/13 - Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
- 10/15 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 10/16 - Atlanta, GA @ Roxy Theatre
- 10/17 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music Experience
- 10/21 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunset Station
- 10/22 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
- 10/23 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Ballroom
For a full-length feature on Alter Bridge, check out "Life After Creed: Alter Bridge Look To A Stapp-Free Future."