Britney Spears has at least one friend left from her "Mickey
Mouse Club" days.
JC Chasez, who starred on the revamped TV series along with Spears,
Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera, will open for Britney when
the pop princess performs eight shows in the U.K. beginning April 26 at
Wembley Arena in London. The stint, which includes three other Wembley
shows, wraps up May 5 in Birmingham.
The 'NSYNC singer, who is promoting his solo debut,
Schizophrenic, will bookmark the British trip with four West
Coast dates before and a handful of Midwest and East Coast dates
"Right now my whole world is this record," Chasez said recently. "I'm
proud of this record. I want everybody to hear this record. And I want
to sing it for everybody."
Before launching his U.S. tour April 19 in Anaheim, California, JC will
shoot a video for the album's second single, "All Day Long I Dream
About Sex." The director and concept have not yet been decided.
"All Day Long I Dream About Sex" was produced by Riprock 'n' Alex G,
the duo behind the equally steamy "Some Girls (Dance With Women). The
tune is a more electronic and club-friendly, however, with its
Chasez said he titled the album Schizophrenic after its wide
array of styles, or personalities.
"I didn't think in terms of any barriers, I was just wide open with
it," he said. "I didn't go for any certain sound. I just went for great
tunes ... and it didn't matter what kind of music it was. If it was
electronica, if it was rock, if it was ballads, whatever, I made
something that felt really good."
JC Chasez tour dates, according to Jive Records:
- 4/19 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- 4/21 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
- 4/22 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
- 4/25 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- 5/7 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 5/8 - Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo
- 5/9 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Chevrolet Amphitheatre
- 5/10 - Pittston, PA @ The Staircase
- 5/12 - New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
- 5/13 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
- 5/14 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Trump Taj Mahal