After months of silence and speculation, Slipknot fans will get the first taste of the band's new album in March when the nine-piece cacophony crew headlines its first tour in nearly two years.
Slipknot will top the bill for the fourth installment of the
Jägermeister Music Tour, beginning March 30 in Orlando, Florida, according to a Roadrunner Records spokesperson. Fear Factory and Chimaira are also onboard for the five-week trek, which wraps up May 4 in Denver. Tickets for the tour go on sale February 13.
A variety of Jägermeister-sponsored bands will assume the fourth spot on the bill.
Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison, in the studio with producer Rick Rubin, described the follow-up to 2001's Iowa as darker and more melodic than its predecessor (see "Same Masks, New Sounds On Slipknot's Next Album"). Slipknot's third album, scheduled to drop May 25, still lacks a title.
Fear Factory will tour to support their fifth album, Archetype, due in April; while Chimaira, who replaced departed drummer Andols Herrick with Ricky Evensand last month, will be promoting their May-released The Impossibility of Reason.
Last fall's Jägermeister Music Tour featured Slayer and Hatebreed. Saliva and (Hed) Planet Earth headlined last spring's trek while Coal Chamber and Drowning Pool launched the inaugural tour.
Jägermeister Music Tour dates, according to Roadrunner Records:
- 3/30 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
- 3/31 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre
- 4/2 - Birmingham, AL @ Sloss Furnace
- 4/3 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- 4/4 - Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 4/9 - Washington, DC @ Nation
- 4/12 - New York, NY @ Roseland
- 4/13 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 4/14 - Rochester, NY @ ESL Center
- 4/16 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
- 4/23 - Chicago, IL @ Congress Theatre
- 4/24 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave/Eagles Club
- 5/4 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium