All was going according to plan at Ryan Adams' gig Thursday night in Liverpool, England. His set had just passed the 90-minute mark when he broke into another song ... and broke his wrist soon after.
The singer/songwriter fractured his left wrist after falling off the 6-foot stage at the Liverpool Royal Court, his publicist said.
After being helped to his feet, he left the stage while the band played on. At the end of the song, Adams' drummer announced that Adams had broken his wrist and could not continue.
He was treated at Royal Liverpool Hospital.
The remaining two weeks’ worth of European dates, from January 27 through February 10, have been canceled. Adams' U.S. tour, which kicks off March 2, is not expected to be affected.
The emotive singer/songwriter is touring behind the three records he released in the last two months of 2003: the full-length LP Rock N Roll and the EPs Love Is Hell Pt. 1 and Love Is Hell Pt. 2 (see "Ryan Adams Gets Shticky, Kicks Out The Jams, Mimics Bono At New York Show").
Ryan Adams tour dates, according to Lost Highway Records:
- 3/2 - Columbia, MO @ Blue Note
- 3/3 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Bricktown Event Center
- 3/5 - Dallas, TX @ Granada Theater
- 3/6 - Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
- 3/9 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
- 3/10 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
- 3/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern LG
- 3/16 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- 3/19 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 3/20 - Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theatre
- 3/22 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 3/24 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Bricks
- 3/26 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
[This story was updated at 5:35 p.m. ET]