Michael Jackson's Label Shelves His 'One More Chance' Video

Clip was supposed to debut during pop star's CBS special.

When Michael Jackson left Las Vegas to turn himself in last month, he'd been in Sin City to shoot two things — a special for CBS and a music video for "One More Chance," which was to debut on the TV program.

The CBS special was indefinitely delayed, but what about the music video?

There's no chance that "One More Chance" will be released by Epic Records, a spokesperson at the singer's label said Friday (December 5). The song appears on Number Ones, which hit stores November 18, the same day news of the eccentric pop star's latest legal problems broke. Though Jackson has sometimes promoted his work without the label's help, there's no indication yet that he plans to release the video on his own.

Instead, Jackson's camp has its hands full with the singer's legal troubles (see "Michael Jackson Surrenders To Santa Barbara Police"). Formal child-molestation charges are expected to be filed the week of December 15, according to a statement from the Santa Barbara, California, district attorney's office. The delay, the statement said, was to create a Web site to handle the public disbursement of court-related documents.

In the meantime, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department is reviewing anonymous calls received on their Jackson tip line. So far only a handful of the 70-80 calls have produced information relevant to the case, according to Sgt. Chris Pappas, and none of those calls are about separate acts of molestation. The numbers to call are (805) 681-4150 or the Sheriff's Crimestoppers Tip Line at (877) 800-9100.

Though the tip line hasn't yielded additional allegations of molestation, former Santa Barbara Sheriff Jim Thomas told CNN on Thursday that there were two children involved in the case that caused headlines a decade ago. Most reports refer to the 1993 investigation as the Jordan Chandler case — since he was the boy with whom Jackson reached an out-of-court settlement — but investigators at the time referred to Chandler as the "primary victim." A second boy who also claimed Jackson had molested him chose not to testify at the time, but he might be called to the stand this time around.

Meanwhile, concern grows for the alleged victim in this latest case, who is reportedly in poor health. Jamie Masada, the Laugh Factory comedy club owner who brought Jackson and the child together when the boy was suffering from cancer, said Friday that he saw the boy about a week ago. He said the child's face and neck were swollen, possibly due to problems with his one remaining kidney, but that the boy called him on Thursday to report that he was feeling "a little bit better."

The boy's father insisted via his lawyer on Friday that his son's condition hasn't worsened. The man admitted, though, that he hasn't seen his son in more than a year because of a restraining order that has been in place since he was accused of physically abusing his wife and two of his three children, including the boy in question (see "U.K. Reports Tell Story Of How Jackson Met His Accuser"). His lawyer, H. Russell Halpern, said the father was told by a source close to the family that the boy's condition has not changed in six months.

Halpern said he'll soon file papers seeking custody of the children for his client, who alleges that the boy's mother is unfit, unreliable and unstable. Her lawyer appointed to deal with the divorce and custody issues said he wasn't at liberty to comment.

Jackson's arraignment is scheduled for January 9.

For full coverage of the Michael Jackson case, see "Michael Jackson Accused."