Following six months on the road in support of his band's latest album, 14 Shades of Grey, Staind singer Aaron Lewis has developed throat polyps and severely swollen vocal cords. As a result, the band has postponed three shows and canceled five others.
Doctors have prescribed Lewis medication and ordered him to rest his voice for a week to prevent permanent damage, the group's publicist said in a statement.
Concerts for Wednesday and Thursday (November 6) nights in Los Angeles have been rescheduled for November 13 at a larger venue, and a November 8 gig in Sacramento, California, has been moved to November 15. All tickets for the original shows will be honored at the new dates.
Staind were not able to reschedule shows in San Jose, California (November 9), Boise, Idaho (November 12), Salt Lake City, Utah (November 13), Fargo, North Dakota (November 17), and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (November 22). Refunds are available at point of purchase.
Revised Staind tour dates, according to the band's publicist:
- 11/11 - Spokane, WA @ Spokane Convention Center
- 11/13 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Palladium
- 11/15 - Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
- 11/18 - St. Paul, MN @ Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- 11/20 - Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
- 11/21 - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 11/24 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live