The Wild Boys are back, and they're coming to a theater or auditorium near you. Duran Duran have set the first 16 dates of their fall reunion tour, which will kick off November 8 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
So far the outing is scheduled to wrap November 30 in San Diego, although more dates are likely to be added. Cities include Chicago (two nights), Atlanta and Philadelphia, but not New York or Los Angeles, where the band played earlier this year. Advance tickets are available at duranduran.com.
The tour, Duran Duran's first with the original lineup in more than 18 years, will mark the band's 25th anniversary (see "Original Duran Duran Lineup Gears Up To Face Hysterical Fans On Fall Tour"). It will also give the group a chance to test out some new material, including songs titled "Virus," "Beautiful Colors" and "What Happens Tomorrow."
A still-untitled album is due in the spring and will be promoted with an amphitheatre tour. In the meantime, a DVD anthology of Duran Duran's videos, called "Greatest," will be released November 4.
Before the November dates begin, the band will play Friday at WBMX-FM's Mixfest in Boston.
Duran Duran tour dates, according to the band's spokesperson:
- 11/8 - Atlantic City, NJ @ The Borgata
- 11/9 - Washington, DC @ Warner Theatre
- 11/10 - Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theatre
- 11/13 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora
- 11/14 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
- 11/15 - Detroit, MI @ Royal Oak
- 11/17 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 11/18 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 11/21 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
- 11/22 - New Orleans, LA @ Twiropa
- 11/23 - Houston, TX @ Cullen Auditorium
- 11/24 - Dallas, TX @ Majestic Theatre
- 11/26 - Albuquerque, NM @ Kiva Auditorium
- 11/28 - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
- 11/29 - Phoenix, AZ @ Celebrity Theatre
- 11/30 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B