The first single from Nickelback's upcoming album The Long Road, "Someday," is about empty promises frontman Chad Kroeger has made to his girlfriend regarding spending more time with her and less on his career. No doubt, he'll shatter a few more promises to her when he heads back out on the road with Nickelback next month in order to remain faithfully devoted to his fans.
The tour starts October 14 in Lubbock, Texas, and runs through November 9 in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Trapt and Three Days Grace will open on all dates.
Nickelback likely will be making the rounds as "Someday" continues to saturate the airwaves. A video for the song was shot by Nigel Dick (see "First Song From Nickelback's Long Road Paved With Apologies"). The Long Road, Nickelback's follow-up to their multiplatinum LP Silver Side Up, comes out September 23.
The night the album is released, VH1 will feature the band on the program "Concert Series." A recently shot concert for MTV's "Hard Rock Live" will air later this fall.
Nickelback tour dates, according to the band's publicist:
- 10/14 - Lubbock, TX @ Canyon Amphitheater
- 10/16 - Grand Prairie, TX @ Next Stage in Grand Prairie
- 10/17 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheater
- 10/18 - Shiner, TX @ Shiner "Bocktoberfest" Concert
- 10/20 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theatre
- 10/21 - Biloxi, MS @ Mississippi Coast Coliseum
- 10/22 - Duluth, GA @ Arena at Gwinnett Center
- 10/24 - Antioch, TN @ AmSouth Amphitheater
- 10/25 - Cape Girardeau, MO @ Show-Me Center
- 10/26 - Champaign, IL @ Assembly Hall
- 10/28 - Akron, OH @ James Rhodes Arena
- 10/29 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Deltaplex
- 10/31 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa
- 11/1 - Utica, NY @ Utica Memorial Auditorium
- 11/2 - Lowell, MA @ Tsongas Arena
- 11/4 - Pittsburgh, PA @ A.J. Palumbo Center
- 11/6 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 11/7 - Villa Park, IL @ Odeum Sports & Expo Center
- 11/8 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 11/9 - Cedar Falls, IA @ UNI Dome