Perry Farrell is looking forward to spending the night with the latest addition to his Lollapalooza tour.
"I bought a pair of silk pajamas for the road because we're gonna have a Lollapajama party with the Donnas!" Farrell said in a statement.
Donna A., Donna C., Donna F. and Donna R. will join Jane's Addiction, Audioslave, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age and Jurassic 5 on the main stage of the revived Lollapalooza when it kicks off this summer (see "Lollapalooza Back With Audioslave, Incubus, Queens, Jane's Addiction").
An itinerary and the second stage lineup will be announced shortly, according to a Lollapalooza spokesperson.
The Donnas' first encounter with Lollapalooza was as fans when they went to see L7 in 1994. "We are really excited to be a part of this festival because of its history as well as all the really amazing rock bands who are playing this year," drummer Donna C. said in a statement. "And we really love Jurassic 5 too."
Before Lollapalooza, the group will promote last fall's Spend the Night with a short April tour ending with their performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 26 (see "Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers To Headline Coachella").
The Donnas recently shot a video for their next single, "Who Invited You," with Robert Hales, the director behind the breakthrough hit, "Take It Off."
Donnas tour dates, according to Atlantic:
- 4/6 - Columbia, SC @ 3 Rivers Music Festival
- 4/7 - Harrisonburg, VA @ College Center Ballroom
- 4/10 - Providence, RI @ Brown University
- 4/13 - Bowling Green, OH @ Bowling Green University
- 4/15 - Mobile, AL @ University of South Alabama
- 4/22 - Sacramento, CA @ Cal State Sacramento
- 4/25 - Albuquerque, NM @ University of New Mexico
- 4/26 - Indio, CA@ Empire Polo Field