The Summer Sanitarium Tour just made rock fans in nine cities crazy with delight.
Nine additional dates have been confirmed for the major-league stadium tour featuring Metallica, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, according to an Elektra Records spokesperson. The trek, which also has Deftones and Mudvayne slated as openers, will make stops in Toronto, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Montreal, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, and Cicero, Illinois, in addition to the cities previously announced. Venues in all but two of the cities have been confirmed.
The new destinations bring the total number of confirmed stops to 17. Additional dates are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
When the tour begins July 4 in Pontiac, Michigan, new Metallica member Robert Trujillo will be handling bass duties, replacing Jason Newsted, who parted company with the heavy metal titans in January 2001 (see “Metallica Have A Bassist: Ex-Ozzy Player Robert Trujillo” ). There has still been no word on who will be play guitar for Limp Bizkit, who’ve been without an axeman since Wes Borland left the band in October 2001.
Summer Sanitarium Tour dates, according to Elektra Records:
- 7/4 – Pontiac, MI @ Pontiac Silverdome
- 7/5 – Toronto, ON @ TBA
- 7/6 – Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium
- 7/11 – Atlanta, GA @ TBA
- 7/12 – Philadelphia, PA @ Veterans Stadium
- 7/13 – Orlando, FL @ Citrus Bowl
- 7/18 – Washington, DC @ Fed Ex Field
- 7/19 – Columbus, OH @ Ohio Stadium
- 7/20 – Montreal, QC @ Parc Jean-Drapeau
- 7/25 – St. Louis, MO @ Edward Jones Dome at America’s Ctr.
- 7/26 – Cicero, IL @ Hawthorne Racetrack
- 7/27 – Minneapolis, MN @ HHH Metrodome
- 8/1 – Denver, CO @ Invesco Field at Mile High
- 8/2 – Houston, TX @ Reliant Stadium
- 8/3 – Irving, TX @ Texas Stadium
- 8/7 – Seattle, WA @ Seahawk Stadium
- 8/9 – Los Angeles, CA @ L.A. Coliseum