Before Fabolous hit the big time, he was a kid on the streets who fantasized about being a star. Now he's reaching out to thank some of the people who got him to the top, launching a free 13-date tour of Boys & Girls Clubs.
"There's millions of kids that want to do what I do," he said in a statement. "Rapping became a profession. That's why I feel it's a street dream. I want to do my part to inspire the next generation of kids coming up to find a dream of their own and make it happen."
The first free Fabolous show of the three-week tour will be held February 24 in Cleveland. The jaunt ends March 13 in Houston. The Boys & Girls Club tour will be followed by regular concerts in Boston and Chicago.
On Thursday, Fabolous was due in court on weapons possession charges, but the case was adjourned for grand jury action, according to his lawyer. He's due back in court March 5, the day after Street Dreams hits the street.
Fabolous tour dates, according to Elektra Records:
- 2/24 - Cleveland, OH @ Boys & Girls Club
- 2/25 - Detroit, MI @ Boys & Girls Club
- 2/26 - Chicago, IL @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/1 - Oakland, CA @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/2 - Hollywood, CA @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/5 - Brooklyn, NY @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/6 - Boston, MA @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/7 - Philadelphia, PA @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/8 - Annapolis, MD @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/8 - Washington, D.C.@ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/12 - Dallas, TX @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/13 - Houston, T X @ Boys & Girls Club
- 3/15 - Boston, MA @ TBA
- 3/18 - Chicago, IL @ Loyola College