It seems North American audiences can't get enough of Coldplay. Already engaged in an extensive tour of the U.S. and Canada, the trek will hatch another leg in May and June, expanding the tour for a total of 45 dates.
The new dates will begin in Edmonton, Alberta, on May 20 after a European leg scheduled in March and April, and the tour will hit 16 cities before wrapping at New York's Madison Square Garden on June 13.
Tickets for the newly announced leg will go on sale to fan club members through the band's Web site beginning Wednesday. Sales to the general public will begin this weekend.
The tour's opening slots will be filled by ethereal female crooners Moss Eisley as well as Richard Ashcroft, former lead singer for the now defunct British band the Verve.
Coldplay, nominated for two Grammy Awards, Best Alternative Music Album category and Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group, will also be performing at the awards ceremony held at Madison Square Garden on February 23 (see [article id="1459716"]"Norah Jones, Bruce Springsteen, Faith Hill Added To Grammy Performers List"[/article]).
Coldplay tour dates, according to a Capitol Records spokesperson:
- 5/20- Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Center
- 5/21- Calgary, AB @ Max Bell Center
- 5/23- Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 5/24- George, WA @ Gorge Amphitheatre
- 5/25- Portland, OR @ Les Schwab Amphitheatre
- 5/27- Boise, ID @ Bank of America Center
- 5/28- Marysville, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
- 5/30- Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- 5/31- Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- 6/3- San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena at Aztec Bowl
- 6/5- Albuquerque, NM @ Tingley Coliseum
- 6/6- Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 6/9- Chicago, IL @ UIC Pavilion
- 6/10- Cleveland, OH @ Tower City Amphitheatre
- 6/11- Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre
- 6/13- New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden