The first Music as a Weapon Tour made such a successful strike, Disturbed and a new army of openers are poised for another attack.
The Chicago quartet, armed with its second album, Believe, will begin its invasion of 19 North American cities March 6 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, according to the band’s publicist. The first leg of the Music as a Weapon 2 trek will wind down April 1 in Norfolk, Virginia.
A second leg of West Coast dates will be announced later.
Taproot, Chevelle and Unloco have been tapped as openers.
In 10 major markets, including Chicago, Boston, New York and Philadelphia, Disturbed will give a local, unsigned band the opportunity to perform first, as a way to highlight the underground music scenes in various cities. Details on how the selection process works will soon be posted on the band’s official Web site, www.disturbed1.com.
The video for Believe’s second single, “Remember,” is expected to surface next week, and Draiman had hoped to drop third single “Liberate” by mid-year. The follow-up to 2000’s The Sickness has sold over a million copies since its release in September, according to SoundScan.
The first Music as a Weapon Tour in 2001 featured Adema, Systematic and Stereomud.
Dates for the Music as a Weapon Tour 2, according to Disturbed’s publicist:
- 3/6 – Green Bay, WI @ Brown County Vet. Memorial Arena
- 3/7 – Fargo, ND @ Fargo Civic Auditorium
- 3/8 – Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Auditorium
- 3/10 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave / Eagles Ballroom
- 3/11 – Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
- 3/12 – Battle Creek, MI @ Kellogg Arena
- 3/14 – Dayton, OH @ Hara Arena
- 3/15 – Cleveland, OH @ TBA
- 3/16 – Toronto, ON @ Arrow Hall
- 3/18 – Springfield, MA @ Springfield Civic Ctr.
- 3/19 – Lewiston, ME @ Lewiston Civic
- 3/21 – Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
- 3/22 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Convention Hall
- 3/24 – Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
- 3/25 – New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 3/28 – Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
- 3/29 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Arena
- 3/30 – Baltimore, MD @ UMBC Fieldhouse
- 4/1 – Norfolk, VA @ Constant Convocation Center