W. Axl Rose will exhibit his appetite for reconstruction when Guns N' Roses re-emerge for their first U.S. tour in nine years with many new band members and a batch of new material.
The first date of the group's trek will be November 7 in Vancouver at General Motors Place. An additional 25 dates have been announced, the last of which will be December 21 in Dallas at the American Airlines Center. More shows will be booked in the coming weeks.
Guns N' Roses, who have been out of the U.S. spotlight for the past decade, performed on television for the first time in 10 years August 29 at the conclusion of the MTV Video Music Awards (see [article id="1457257"]"Guns N' Roses Cap Night Of Spectacles From Diddy, Eminem, Timberlake"[/article]). The band played a spirited medley of its hits "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Paradise City" along with the new ballad "Madagascar" from its upcoming album, Chinese Democracy. ([article id="1457755"]Click for photos[/article] of Guns N' Roses' VMA performance.)
While the VMAs marked their return to the U.S., Guns N' Roses played six shows in Hong Kong, Japan, Belgium and England this past summer.
The only band member from the original lineup is frontman Axl Rose. Keyboardist Dizzy Reed has been with the group since 1991's sessions for the Use Your Illusion albums, and the rest of the Gunners are recent additions: keyboardist Chris Pitman, guitarists Robin Finck (ex-Nine Inch Nails), Buckethead and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson (ex-Replacements) and drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia (ex-Primus).
Fans have been awaiting Chinese Democracy for many years now, but the new tour will not coincide with the album's release, which still seems to be some time off, Rose announced after the VMAs (see [article id="1457261"]"Axl Rose Says GN'R Waiting Game Won't End Soon"[/article]).
The Guns N' Roses tour itinerary, according to Interscope Records:
- 11/7 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
- 11/8 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
- 11/11 - Nampa, ID @ Idaho Center
- 11/14 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
- 11/15 - Fargo, ND @ Fargodome
- 11/17 - Moline, IL @ Mark of the Quad Cities
- 11/18 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 11/19 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
- 11/21 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 11/22 - Lexington, KY @ Rupp Arena
- 11/24 - Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena
- 11/26 - Buffalo, NY @ HSBC Arena
- 11/27 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena
- 11/29 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 11/30 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
- 12/2 - Boston, MA @ FleetCenter
- 12/3 - Harford, CT @ Hartford Civic Center
- 12/5 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 12/6 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Union Center
- 12/8 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Arena
- 12/9 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center
- 12/11 - Greenville, SC @ Bi Lo Center
- 12/13 - Tampa, FL @ TBA
- 12/14 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ TBA
- 12/19 - Biloxi, MS @ Miss. Coast Coliseum
- 12/21 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
[This story was updated at 11:39 A.M. EST on 09.26.02.]