O-Town fans hoping for a change of sonic scenery will have to wait only three more months for new material from the pop group.
The successor to O-Town's self-titled debut is due July 9, according to a J Records spokesperson. While the album has yet to be titled, "I Showed Her" has been chosen as its first single and is expected to surface at radio in mid-May. "Favorite Girl," another track off the album, was written and produced by rapper Nelly, and the group itself takes credit for penning three others.
Since its release in January 2001, O-Town has sold more than 1.5 million copies, according to SoundScan, on the back of singles "Liquid Dreams," "All or Nothing" and "We Fit Together." And being the subject of the reality TV series "Making the Band" for three seasons didn't hurt either.
O-Town tour dates, according to J Records:
- 5/15 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ Mid-Hudson Civic Center
- 5/17 - Wallingford, CT @ Careerbuilder.com Oakdale Theatre
- 5/19 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
- 5/21 - Portland, ME @ Cumberland Civic Center
- 5/23 - Lincroft, NJ @ Brookdale Performing Arts Center
- 5/25 - Portsmouth, VA @ NTELOS Pavilion @ Harbor Center