Weezer have slotted 10 dates for their Dusty West '02 tour, which kicks off April 23 in Edmonton, Alberta, according to spokespeople for their label and the Canadian venue.
Despite the Wild West connotations of the trek's name, the cities on the itinerary aren't very saddles 'n' sagebrush rather, most are located in the northern, central regions. Following the Dusty West jaunt, Weezer will head to Japan for a string of dates beginning May 16.
Though their current eponymous album is less than a year old, Weezer have completed eight tracks for their fourth LP, Maladroit, due May 14, and they're working on recording more (see "Weezer Deliver New Songs, Then Head Back Into Studio For More"). Maladroit's "Dope Nose," one of the many new tunes expected to be performed on the tour, has already been embraced by rock radio.
Dusty West '02 tour dates, according to spokespeople for Interscope-Geffen and the respective venues:
- 4/23 - Edmonton, AB @ Northland AgriCom Arena
- 4/24 - Calgary, AB @ Stampede Corral
- 4/26 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
- 4/28 - Pullman, WA @ Beasley Coliseum
- 4/29 - Missoula, MT @ Adams Event Center
- 5/1 - Billings, MT @ MetraPark Arena
- 5/2 - Fargo, ND @ Fargodome
- 5/4 - Ames, IA @ Hilton Coliseum
- 5/5 - Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Auditorium
- 5/8 - Colorado Springs, CO @ City Auditorium