If John Mellencamp proved anything at last autumn's Concert for New York City, it's that he's lost none of his performing brio. When he rolled through "Peaceful World," the lead track from the singer's latest disc, Cuttin' Heads, the audience response was immediate. Now he's bringing his superb live band and impressive songbook out for a summer spin.
Mellencamp's Cuttin' Heads tour 2002, presented by both VH1 and VH1 Classic, kicks off outside of Pittsburgh, July 3 at the Post-Gazette Pavilion and wraps in Las Vegas on August 3. Mellencamp is expected to announce a complete itinerary of 20 dates, according to his official Web site, Mellencamp.com. No opening acts have been confirmed thus far.
Tickets go on sale for the Milwaukee, Columbus, Cincinnati, Atlanta and Bonner Springs stops on March 16. Tickets are currently available to members of John Mellencamp's fan club via his Web site.
John Mellencamp's current tour dates, according to Mellencamp.com:
- 7/3 - Burgettstown, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
- 7/5 - Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amphitheatre
- 7/9 - Clarkston, MI. @ DTE Center
- 7/10 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheatre
- 7/12 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 7/13 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center
- 7/15 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
- 7/18 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
- 7/23 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
- 7/25 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Mars Music Amphitheatre
- 7/28 - Bonner Springs, KS @ Sandstone Amphitheatre
- 7/30 - Englewood, CO @ Fiddlers Green Amphitheatre
- 8/2 - Los Angeles, CA @ TBA
- 8/3 - Las Vegas, NV @ Aladdin Theater