If it were up to confessed introvert Nas, he would probably just be home writing rhymes or screenplays, but he has to follow one of the most important parts of his job description selling records. He'll work toward that goal by hitting the road on February 23 to support his latest album, Stillmatic.
"We gonna be getting to all the towns so people can get a chance to experience Illmatic to Stillmatic, the whole travel right onstage," he said last week. "It's gonna be right."
Nas, who can also currently be heard on Jagged Edge's remix to "I Got It," will be shooting the video to his album's second single, "One Mic," with director Chris Robinson later this month.
Stillmatic tour dates, according to Columbia Records:
- 2/23 - Athens, OH @ Ohio University Convocation Center
- 2/24 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
- 2/26 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 2/27 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 2/28 - Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Theatre
- 3/1 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
- 3/3 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 3/5 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 3/6 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ Mid-Hudson Civic Center
- 3/7 - South Amboy, NJ @ Club Krome
- 3/8 - Baltimore, MD @ TBA
- 3/15 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
- 3/16 - N. Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
- 3/17 - Atlanta, GA @ Earthlink Live
- 3/18 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
- 3/28 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
- 3/29 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B
- 3/30 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
For a full-length feature about Nas and Jay-Z's lyrical battles, check out "Nas And Jay-Z: Grade-A Beef."