"My Plague" has the potential to become a nationwide epidemic.
A remix of the Slipknot song, expected to surface at radio February 25, will serve as the first single off the soundtrack to "Resident Evil," which hits stores March 12, according to a Roadrunner Records spokesperson. The newly titled "My Plague (New Abuse Mix)," the original version of which appeared on Slipknot's latest album, Iowa, was reworked by Terry Date (Deftones, Limp Bizkit).
The soundtrack to the film which is inspired by the horrifying video-game series of the same name also features new songs from Coal Chamber ("Something Told Me") and Static-X ("Anything But This"), as well as new remixes of tracks by Fear Factory, Mudvayne, the Crystal Method, Depeche Mode and Ill Niño. Marilyn Manson's contribution, "The Fight Song," was remixed by Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison, while Manson himself composed original instrumentals for the film's score. Other songs on this 14-track collection that are used in or inspired by the film are rare imports, bonus tracks and B-sides.
Directed by Paul Anderson ("Mortal Kombat," "Event Horizon"), "Resident Evil" hits theaters March 15 and stars Milla Jovovich ("The Fifth Element"), Michelle Rodriguez ("The Fast and the Furious"), and Eric Mabius ("The Crow: Salvation").
"Resident Evil" track list, according to Roadrunner Records:
- Slipknot - "My Plague (New Abuse Mix)"
- Marilyn Manson - "The Fight Song (Slipknot Remix)"
- Coal Chamber - "Something Told Me"
- Adema - "Everyone"
- Fear Factory - "Invisible Wounds (The Suture Mix)"
- Static-X - "Anything But This"
- The Crystal Method - "Name of the Game (Clean Name)"
- Mudvayne - "Dig (Everything and Nothing Remix)"
- Rammstein - "Hallelujah"
- Depeche Mode - "Dirt"
- Method Man - "Release Yo' Delf (Prodigy Mix)"
- Ill Niño - "What Comes Around (Day of the Dead Mix)"
- Saliva - "800"
- Five Pointe O - "The Infinity"