Relaxed, rested and ready to roll, the men of ’NSYNC are set to kick off a U.S. tour on March 3 in Portland, Oregon.
So far, the pop titans have lined up nine dates for the outing, which they’ve dubbed the Celebrity 2002 Tour. While most of the confirmed dates are on the West Coast, the group says it will canvass the country before wrapping the tour on April 28 in Orlando, Florida.
The fivesome has yet to name opening acts for the trek.
The outing marks the group’s first set of dates since its sold-out PopOdyssey stadium tour last year. (Click for photos from ’NSYNC’s PopOdyssey Tour launch.)
That tour turned out to be one of the year’s biggest, grossing a total of $90.2 million, second only to U2 (see “U2, ’NSYNC, Backstreet Top List Of 2001’s Biggest Concert Grossers” ).
The group plans to add additional dates in Ames, Iowa; Boston; Buffalo, New York; Chicago; Dallas; Denver; East Rutherford, New Jersey; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Grand Forks, North Dakota; Memphis; Minneapolis; Orlando, Florida; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Pittsburgh; San Antonio, Texas; Uniondale, New York; and Washington, D.C.
Itinerary for ’NSYNC’s Celebrity 2002 Tour so far:
- 3/3 – Portland, OR @ Rose Garden
- 3/4 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
- 3/6 – Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
- 3/7 – Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena
- 3/8 – San Jose, CA @ Compaq Center
- 3/10 – San Diego, CA @ SD Sports Arena
- 3/11 – Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
- 3/15 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
- 4/1 – Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills