Hip-hop and electronic music's elite join forces on the upcoming soundtrack to "Blade 2," which features collaborations from Ice Cube and Paul Oakenfold, Mystikal and Moby and others.
The album, due March 26, also features pairings of Bubba Sparxxx and the Crystal Method, Redman and Gorillaz, Cypress Hill and Roni Size, Volume 10 and Roni Size, and Mos Def and Massive Attack.
While Eve was originally slated to collaborate with Basement Jaxx, Fatboy Slim has also done a track for her. It has not yet been determined which song will make the album, according to a spokesperson for the soundtrack.
Jay-Z may appear on the soundtrack as well, the spokesperson said.
A cut by the Roots and BT recorded for BT's forthcoming album (see [article id="1450481"]"BT Working With Roots, Sarah McLachlan On New LP"[/article]) will also make the Blade 2 track list.
Three threesomes recorded songs for the album: Busta Rhymes, Silkk the Shocker and the Dub Pistols; Jadakiss, Fabolous and Danny Saber; and Trina, Rah Digga and Groove Armada.
The "Blade 2" soundtrack was executive produced by Immortal Entertainment founder Happy Walters, the man behind 1994's landmark "Judgement Night" soundtrack, which paired hip-hop and rock acts, and 1998's "Spawn" soundtrack, which paired electronic and hard rock artists.
"Blade 2" stars Wesley Snipes and Kris Kristofferson and is scheduled to hit theatres March 29.
Mystikal appeared on the soundtrack to the first "Blade," along with Mobb Deep and New Order (see [article id="1431951"]"Mobb Deep, Mystikal, Master P. Help Wesley Snipes-Produced Soundtrack"[/article]).
Partial Blade 2 track list, according to the spokesperson:
- Mos Def and Massive Attack - "I Against I"
- Ice Cube and Paul Oakenfold - "Right Here, Right Now"
- Busta Rhymes, Silkk the Shocker and the Dub Pistols - "The One"
- Bubba Sparxxx and the Crystal Method - "Sharecropper's Dream"
- Jadakiss, Fabolous and Danny Saber - "Be Like This"
- Cypress Hill and Roni Size - "Child of the West"
- Volume 10 and Roni Size - "Raised in the Hood"
- The Roots and BT - "Tao of the Machine"
- Mystikal and Moby - "Gettin' Aggressive"