Forget mummies, "The Scorpion King" is all about the rock.
Professional wrestler The Rock stars in the upcoming third installment of "The Mummy" series, and, not surprisingly, the soundtrack features new material from many of the biggest names in rock.
Creed, Nickelback, System of a Down, Hoobastank, Drowning Pool, Sevendust and Coal Chamber are among the bands who contributed to the album, due March 26, according to Universal Records.
Godsmack's "I Stand Alone," the soundtrack's first single, will hit radio on February 5. The band is filming a video for the tune in Los Angeles next week with The Rock and the film's other star, Michael Clarke Duncan ("The Green Mile," "Planet of the Apes"). Godsmack singer Sully Erna helped select the songs for the movie, which opens April 19 (see "Godsmack To Spearhead Soundtrack For Next 'Mummy' Film").
Other songs on the soundtrack include "Iron Head" by Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne and a remix of P.O.D.'s "Set It Off."
"The Scorpion King" soundtrack track list, according to Universal:
- Godsmack - "I Stand Alone"
- P.O.D. - "Set It Off" (Tweaker Remix)
- Drowning Pool - "Break You"
- System of a Down - "Streamline"
- Creed - "To Whom It May Concern"
- Nickelback - "Yanking Out My Heart"
- Hoobastank - "Losing My Grip"
- Flaw - "Only the Strong"
- Rob Zombie With Ozzy Osbourne - "Iron Head"
- Twelve Stones - "My Life"
- Mushroomhead - "Along the Way"
- Lifer - "Breathless"
- Sevendust - "Corrected"
- Injected - "Burn It Back"
- Breaking Point - "27"
- Coal Chamber - "Glow"