Less than a week after Weezer posted a slew of new songs on their Web site, the band has lined up a string of tour dates to personally introduce fans to the new material.
The 20-day trek kicks off February 5 in Charlotte, North Carolina, and heads up the East Coast into Canada for a couple of shows before winding down February 25 in Miami, according to the band's publicist. The outing marks the third and perhaps final tour behind Weezer's eponymous third album, familiarly known as the Green Album.
Pasadena, California, quintet Ozma, supporting last summer's Rock and Roll Part Three, and New Jersey pop-punkers Saves the Day, on the heels of Stay What You Are, will serve as tour openers.
While not officially part of the Hyper Extended Midget North American Tour, Weezer will also play in Long Beach, California, on February 26, alongside No Doubt and the Offspring at one of four Concerts for Artists Rights (see "Ozzy, No Doubt, Korn, Weezer To Play Benefits For Musicians' Rights Groups").
Thirteen demos of new songs were posted on Weezer's official Web site (www.weezer.com) last week (see "Weezer Release More Than A Dozen Demos Online"). The tracks are expected to surface on the group's next album, scheduled for an April 30 release.
Weezer tour dates, according to Interscope Records:
- 2/5 - Charlotte, NC @ Cricket Arena
- 2/7 - Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
- 2/8 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
- 2/9 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ First Union Arena
- 2/11 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 2/12 - State College, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center
- 2/14 - Hamilton, ON @ Copps Coliseum
- 2/15 - Montreal, QC @ Molson Centre
- 2/21 - Nashville, TN @ Municipal Auditorium
- 2/22 - Raleigh, NC @ Entertainment & Sports Arena
- 2/24 - Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace
- 2/25 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Mars Music Amphitheatre
For a feature interview with Weezer, check out "Weezer: Gang Green."