With Tenacious D and Jimmy Eat World in tow, Weezer will embark on their second U.S. tour in support of their third, self-titled album in mid-November.
The 13-date Extended Midget Tour is slated to begin November 13 in Portland, Oregon. The three-week trek sticks primarily to the South and West before drawing to a close December 3 in Normal, Illinois.
Unlike the quartet's last jaunt, on which openers Cold abandoned their post midway after a chilly reception (see "Iced Out By Weezer Fans, Cold Go Their Own Way"), frontman Rivers Cuomo and company are bringing along bands well suited to their fans' sense of humor and musical tastes.
Over-the-top metal men Tenacious D are supporting their self-titled debut (see "Tenacious D To Release Debut LP"), and reflective rockers Jimmy Eat World are touting their third studio album, Bleed American (see "Pop Goes The Emo On Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American").
Weezer tour dates, according to Interscope Records:
- 11/13 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena
- 11/15 - Seattle, WA @ KeyArena at Seattle Center
- 11/17 - Boise, ID @ Bank of America Center
- 11/19 - San Jose, CA @ Event Center Arena
- 11/20 - San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
- 11/23 - Long Beach, CA @ Long Beach Arena
- 11/24 - Phoenix, AZ @ America West Arena
- 11/26 - San Antonio, TX @ Freeman Coliseum
- 11/27 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Fort Worth Convention Center
- 11/29 - St. Louis, MO @ Family Arena
- 11/30 - Kansas City, MO @ Municipal Auditorium Arena
- 12/2 - Madison, WI @ Alliant Energy Center (with Tenacious D only)
- 12/3 - Normal, IL @ Redbird Arena (with Tenacious D only)