Winners of the second annual Latin Grammy Awards will receive their trophies, but the ceremony originally scheduled for last Tuesday will not be restaged, the Recording Academy announced Friday.
Academy officials, who had said shortly after the terrorist attacks that the show was canceled and would not be rescheduled, spent this week reconsidering the idea with their partners. They determined it would be "simply impossible" for the show to go on, Michael Greene, CEO of the Recording Academy, said in a statement.
The academy is still determining how to announce and award the winners.
"We all are emotionally devastated by recent events, as is everyone, and we're disappointed that we will not be able to give this year's deserving nominees their chance to show the world what we already know about them that they are world-class musical artists," Greene said.
Artists who had been scheduled to appear at the Los Angeles ceremony included co-host Christina Aguilera, Santana, Nelly Furtado, Jennifer Lopez, Luis Miguel, Juanes, Jon Secada, Thalía, Marc Anthony, Alejandro Sanz and Destiny's Child.
For more Grammy news, check out the [article id="1469939"]MTV News Grammy Archive[/article].