Basement Jaxx have the perfect back-to-school Remedy and they're bringing it to a theater near you.
The Brixton, England, house-music duo will play tracks from their 1999 breakthrough, Remedy, and this year's Mercury Music Prize-nominated Rooty (see "Gorillaz, Radiohead Up For Mercury Music Prize") when they hit 16 North America cities beginning September 29 near Denver.
Felix Buxton and Simon Ratcliffe, who formed Basement Jaxx eight years ago to spin at an illegal club night in a Mexican restaurant, will also promote Atlantic Jaxx A Compilation, a collection of their early recordings due September 4.
Titled after their own Atlantic Jaxx label, the album contains club anthems originally released as EPs during the mid-'90s. The tracks include the 1994 hit "Undaground" and 1995's Ibiza favorite "Samba Magic," along with two Basement Jaxx-produced singles from singer Corrina Joseph.
Basement Jaxx tour dates, according to their publicist:
- 9/29 - Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre
- 10/1 - San Diego, CA @ 4th & B
- 10/2 - Los Angeles, CA @ Mayan Theatre
- 10/3 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- 10/5 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox
- 10/6 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
- 10/8 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 10/9 - Chicago, IL @ Metro
- 10/10 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall
- 10/12 - Atlanta, GA @ Earthlink Live (Center Stage)
- 10/13 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues
- 10/15 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 10/17 - Toronto, ON @ Koolhouse
- 10/18 - Montreal, QC @ Le Spectrum
- 10/19 - Boston, MA @ Avalon
- 10/20 - New York, NY @ Roseland