Music can be many things to many people, but come September, the art form will inflict some serious damage to those daring enough to stand in its way.
Disturbed, on the heels of their current single, "Down With the Sickness," will headline the Music as a Weapon tour, which begins September 22 in Denver, according to the band's publicist. Shows are confirmed through an October 30 concert in St. Louis, but more dates are expected.
Fellow combatant rockers Drowning Pool, Adema, Stereomud and Systematic will serve as tour openers.
Disturbed have been working on the follow-up to last year's platinum-certified The Sickness while traveling the country as part of Ozzfest, and the Chicago quartet plans on giving fans a taste of what's to come during the tour.
Music as a Weapon tour dates, according to Disturbed's publicist:
- 9/22 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
- 9/24 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Will Rogers Theatre
- 9/25 - Little Rock, AR @ Riverfest Amphitheatre
- 9/27 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheatre
- 9/28 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
- 9/29 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Garden Amphitheater
- 9/30 - Austin, TX @ Auditorium Shores
- 10/2 - Lubbock, TX @ West Texas Canyon Amphitheater
- 10/3 - Albuquerque, NM @ Albuquerque Convention Center
- 10/5 - Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium
- 10/9 - Kansas City, KS @ Memorial Hall
- 10/10 - Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Auditorium
- 10/12 - Valley Center, KS @ Kansas Coliseum
- 10/25 - Estero, FL @ TECO Arena
- 10/26 - Miami, FL @ Bayfront Park
- 10/27 - Tampa, FL @ WXTB-FM Radio Show
- 10/28 - Orlando, FL @ WJRR-FM Radio Show
- 10/30 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant