Not only is Jay-Z promising to give up some intimate details about his life on his September 18 release, The Blueprint, now Jigga is making good on his word to be more up-close-and-personal with his fans while performing tracks from the album.
Jay announced dates Friday for his Blueprint Lounge Tour, which kicks off September 14 in Columbus, Ohio. It won't be the arena spectacle that 1999's Hard Knock Life Tour was; instead, Jay has decided to rock in front of 3,000-4,000 people at each show, as he wants to see them all while he's on the mic.
He won't be onstage alone, however: The Roc-A-Fella family, which includes Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek and Freeway, will be with him.
Blueprint Lounge Tour dates, according to Roc-A-Fella Records:
- 9/14 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 9/16 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
- 9/19 - Baltimore, MD @ TBA
- 9/20 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
- 9/22 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- 9/23 - Washington, DC @ Nation
- 9/24 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 9/26 - Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
- 9/27 - Charlotte, NC @ Grady Cole Center
- 9/28 - Virginia Beach, VA @ The Boathouse
- 9/29 - Atlanta, GA @ DeKalb Atlanta Center
- 10/1 - Miami, FL @ TBA
- 10/2 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
- 10/4 - Houston, TX @ Ariel Theatre
- 10/5 - Dallas, TX @ Bronco Bowl
- 10/8 - Chicago, IL @ The Riviera
- 10/11 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- 10/12 - Los Angeles, CA @ Shrine Auditorium